355 Main Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
MITX Influence(her) is an event series for young women in the MITX community who are looking to empower and educate themselves and grow in their careers. Our goal in creating this series is to support and develop the next level of female leaders in Boston. The Influence(her) series seeks to provide opportunities for young women to connect and find inspiration through exclusive access to leaders in the business field. After each event, attendees will leave feeling armed with the necessary tools to take their careers to the next level.
Join us for the final event in this series of MITX Influence(her) events in 2016!
This is a mentor round robin, where 10 groups of 10 women rotate every 10 minutes to 10 senior female executives. No formal agenda, but rather an open dialogue where attendees can bring questions like:
- Who’s one person in your life you always consult when you’re about to take big risks?
- Taking a new job in a new city- pro tips for handling all the change at once?
- What’s the best advice you’ve heard, that’s helped you make a tough decision in your career?
- Have you ever had to choose between salary and equity when starting a new job or negotiating a promotion? If so, how did you make this decision?
- What advice do you have for risk taking when there are other parties involved (ie making a risky business decision that could affect your company / employees, taking a risk that impacts your significant other)
- If you were to do it all over again, what’s one thing that you know now that you wish you knew then (when getting started).
- What mental model/framework do you go through to determine if a risk is worth taking?
- Tell us about one of the most pivotal parts of your life that helped you get to where you are today.
- How long did you take to make your decision?
- Sometimes opportunities come at the wrong time, what was your story?
- Is there any risk that you wish you had taken, but you decided to play it safe?
- Any regrets?
We’re providing you with unprecedented access to some of the best leaders in Boston, so bring your questions for these mentors – or start with these!RSVP